So yesterday I had the wonder full opportunity to get my wisdom teeth yanked out of my head. I went to an office called Utah Surgical Arts. I would recommend this place I think, it was very nice and a pretty comfortable environment to be in.
The first room they took me in was not that great. I'm not sure what you would call it, kind of like a patient informing loby room thing. Anyways there was carpet flooring and a computer on a desk in front and to the side of me, and above it was an x ray viewer. I was sitting in the middle of the room on a type of patient chair and the doctor just explained what was going to happen pre op and post op.
Then they took me into the surgery room where I sat on an even bigger chair and more comfortable. The doctor's assistant then rolled up a big desk that went over my lap and it had some big rubber tubes on it that I didn't really want to know what they were for but I had a pretty good idea. Then she hooked me up to a few machines that im guessing monitered my heart rate, pulse, respritory rate, and other important things.
We were telling some jokes and I could hear the beeps get faster and when I took deep breaths it would get slower. Finally she did the only part I was really nervous about. The IV. Really it was nothing to be afraid of, it wasn't any worse than a shot. And those don't bother me at all. Then I saw her push some drugs into it and thats all I remember till I was in the truck riding home. Over all the recovery has been the worst but im just glad to have it over with.

4 comments:

im sorry. i hate recovering.

You cute little chipmunk!

The worst is over!!

i don't want to get mine out. the end.

Post a Comment